Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day Surprise

There are some ministry things I try to do outside the walls of the baby home. I like to refer to them as my outreach ministries. Some way to help some people that truly need the assistance. I think some may remember Amina the little girl with the birth defects who died last Spring 07. But currently, I have been assisting a Ugandan young women and her husband with pre-natal exams and agreed to act as midwife for the couple. Their very real fears of the lack of OB skill here at the local hospital terrified her. She works for a missionary couple in town. On Valentines Day I was priveledged to deliver their precious little girl who was born at 10:05 AM and weighed in at 3.05 kg (6#7oz). It was a great joy to participate in a field of nursing for which I am trained and have much experience. Little Valentine (who really still has no official name) decided to try and deliver with a loose cord around her neck and both her hands on her face. In so doing mom required some stitching despite the extra care for the contrary. At any rate, Praise God mom and baby are doing very well and just for you OB fanatics. Baby Valentine's Apgars were 8/9 and she came out to be 40 Weeks AGA. It was the best Valentines Day I have had for some time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you! While many of us, including me, spent the day thinking pretty much about ourselves, you were busy helping to bring a life into the world. You see, this is why you please and honor God while I just muddle along trying to stay out of trouble.

Anonymous said...

I love your site, it is beautiful and very touching. I am so proud of you and your willingness to serve is inspiring. You set a wonderful example and I love you. It is great to see your bright radiant ever present smile. I am your friend, Sharine Powell Endersen

Anonymous said...

WOW, Siouxanne, doing the very thing you are so familiar with, welcoming new life into the world with love. A wonderful reception for this new little soul and your smile is radiant. Congratulations to you, the baby and the parents.

Anonymous said...

Great Job, birthing is an honor and joy. It is hard to describe but your heart knows. Thank You for all your work.
I am retiring May and would like to know if you need text books??? I have lots. Is there anything else I can help you out with???
By the way how did you learn to repair the perineum???
Susan White-GJ