Friday, December 12, 2008

PAINFUL


You probably don't really want to look at the bottom of my foot, but for those of you interested in my pain , here is a photo of the seriously painful and itchy spider bite on the bottom of my foot. Two full days now and it is just starting to shrink. This picture was taken today. Yesterday the Reddness was several centimeters larger and tracked partway up the top of my foot. The center of it is darker. We have looked it over carefully and it is not a Jigger (parasite). We can't seem to find a stinger. I put myself on some Prednisone and Benadryl. Tea tree Oil on the site too. Its very hard to walk on it. Feels like a stone under my foot. But it only serves to slow me a little. I still have to walk all over at the baby home. Sick kids, well kids, playing kids, sleeping kids, babies in my arms.
Recently, I added another hat to my responsibilities. Besides being the health/medical director I am now also the Volunteer Coordinator for the Uganda side. This is really up my alley since Hospitality, Helps, and Mentoring seem to be some of my spiritual gifts. I make sure their picked up at the airport, settled into the housing and welcome them. I also will be assigning them their duties and answer any questions they may have in regard to their time here. Watch for the next addition to my blog. It will be a "Christ"mas greeting.

No comments: