Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tax Day today, but... who will you touch for good


Well for those of you stateside, if you havent already done your taxes, today is the day!! It is the official day for TAX DA Y!! Just in case none of you don't already know this, your friendly foreign field missionary is letting you know!! HA HA. I really just wanted you to know that I love you all and I am praying always that God would bless you and that HE would enlarge your territories.

I think of all the people that have come through my life or been a part of it in some way. We all in some small way, are a part of the kingdom. NO ONE is greater than the next, yet we all can be blessed and can be a blessing.

We touch people in ways we don't even know. How we touch them is the important thing. How we act and use our words. What we do and say. What we publish online, which is read by many. I want to try and live out those words and pratice what I preach. I pray that my actions will always speak louder than my words.

When I sit before God one day, I want Him to say "Well Done, thou good and faithful Servant...You have been faithful in small things, now I will give you many".

I am a sinner saved by grace and I am humbled before God Almighty. Wow!! I know NO eloguent words to accurately describe what I feel about His presence in my life. I only know that He is here and that brings me great joy. I want that for everyone.

Today, I am going to do my best to love whoever I see. The loveable and the unloveable. Some people rub you the wrong way and some people you just cant wait to be around just another day. While accomplishing what I need to do for the day for me, I pray that I faithfully show the love of God in my actions. If I can be a help to someone, even if it seems to be in the smallest way, yet may help them tremendously, then I pray I can do that.

We have a man that does the majority of the driving or hired driving for us. If he himself is not the driver then at least he finds us someone who will. He is honest and reasonable and does everything he can to please us and protect us. He is a joy to be around. He is muslim but is very open to the gospel. He hears it fromALL OF US ALL THE TIME. I keep thinking that with all the christian souls he has had in the car of his, one of these days, he will just decide that he wants to be a part of it himself. Many seeds have been planted in him and I know they will one day, come to fruition. One of the parents that has already gone back stateside with their newly adopted child even gave him an Ugandan Bible. The driver surprised the parent by telling him, that he had one. (We all thought he did not have one). He has even read parts of it. He studied it some with the Koran.

Oh the rejoicing in Heaven, when one soul reaches out and says "Take me and save me"!!

So today, who will you love, who will you uplift and edify? Who's back will you pat and say, "Good Job" Even if you do not feel like it? YOU know that is what your suppose to do. Rejoice in one another and uplift one another. Be thankful to those, who have helped you and been there, even if you do not realize it or want to.

All of us have had someone that helped us along. Let us all be willing to share in a blessing!!

Today, I am thankful for my children and my home churches and those of you who support me financially. I love you all and am grateful to God for each of you. I love you all. I am thankful for Danyne, our director, who has worked tirelessly for the last nearly 5 years to keep a loving, safe, healthy haven for these children. For Debbie who works hard administrating all of it. For Ditte, who is working hard at Coordinating all the current fostering. I am thankful to each and every lady (Ugandan) that works for us at Amani. I pray for their homes an loved ones. I pray for all the volunteers and parents that are here working on adoptions. I pray they see the good we do and the love we have for these kids. I pray for their safety in traveling back with these kids we have nutured.

SO in saying, I will close saying GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU AND MAKE HIS FACE TO SHINE UPON YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE!! I love you and Praise God for you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's just spectacular, way to LOVE EVERYONE so much, that is such a hard thing to do in the world today but I am glad that you are trying your best. We need more people like you.