Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ressurection Sunday Sunrise Service

Hello Dear Ones;
It's been a couple of weeks since I blogged. I've not had much time for getting online much less blog. I pray your all well and safe. Blogging tends to be way down on my priority list. I apologize. Going back a couple of weeks, we had a wonderful Sunrise Service here on my front lawn on Resurrection Sunday. It was a rainy weekend, and in fact was cold enough that I actually put on long sleeves and socks.!! Perish the thought!! It had rained most of the night before and stopped only about 5 AM. Sunrise service was scheduled for 6:30AM. That gave us just enough time to clean up the chairs and benches we laid out the night before on the lawn before it started raining and get things set up. Most of it was set up and ready the day before. Unfortunately, it was load shutting and we did not have power so I had to make Canyon Coffee. You campers will know what that is. Everyone was scheduled to bring something for the potluck breakfast that would immediately follow the service.
The service was beautiful and the sky breathtaking. We had some Praise and Worship time lead by Ryan McCabe and I. He is a fellow missionary here with Calvary Chapel. Then we had a time of Communion led by another fellow missionary with IMB, Rob Davis. Then I sang a song for a special and then Jesse Chance, missionary with Global Outreach, gave a mini sermon. We closed with another Praise and Worship song. It was glorious and a beautiful time for us to come together and celebrate the risen saviour. We had about 30 people including the children who braved the early morning.
Not less than 45 minutes after we had everything cleaned up and we were on our way to church for service it started raining again. It rained hard and continuously for the rest of the day. I wish I had a picture to include with this, but I just didn't think about taking photos. I was so blessed just to be a part of this beautiful time together. I pray your Easter was blessed and that God blessed you. Debbie and Sonia and I took lunch at the Palm Tree with Danyne and a couple of other friends and then went home and just Vegged the rest of the day. As it was pouring down rain, it was a great day for reading, resting, and curling up with a blanket. I thought it felt so great to be cold.

No comments: