Saturday, May 28, 2011

To Let You Know

As most of you know, I have been stateside since January 19 of this year. The last 4 months have been a time of trial and testing and faith. Last year when God revealed to me the timing on returning home, I did not understand why. I truly believed I was in it for the long haul. After 5 1/2 years, I wasn't sure I could come home and start over.
God is perfect in his timing and He knows what is in the future even if I do not. Yet, He made it clear to me why I was returning home, only days before leaving Uganda. My family would become my mission field. In whatever way needed.
I am thankful that God allowed me almost two months with my mom before taking her home. I truly was prepared for her departure from this life while I was still in Uganda. Though watching her life ebb away was painful, it was also a beautiful time with her. I will never forget those last moments.
My Grandson, Nathan, who will be 3 in August, has been battling Cancer. Though hard to understand why a small child should have to go through that kind of war, he is truly doing well. It was a blessing that I was here and available for the Radiation treatments. I split the time up with my son and Nathan's mom. The radiation alone was 6 weeks. Being with him for 11 days of it, one on one, helped tremendously to bond with him. We spent that time in Denver at the Ronald McDonald House and right here and now I have to say, this organization is fantastic. It is a wonderful and tremendous place. I truly felt like we were in a 5 star Hotel. This ministry alone is such a great help to families dealing with childhood crisis and illnesses.
Nathan is still receiving Chemotherapy and will likely continue through the year. He is responding very well and already his tumor is less than half the size it was when treatment began. His mommy and daddy have been such strong and loving parents and really help to keep him grounded during this time.
Now, the time has come for me to say "THANK YOU". Thank You My dear faithful supporters in prayer, finance and encouragement. You have given me a great blessing. By answering faithfully to my need and ultimately the needs of Amani Baby Cottage and area missionaries, you provided 5 1/2 years of giving and service.
I cannot put into words the gratitude to God for giving me the opportunity to serve him on the foreign field nor how I feel about those of you who participated in it.
As my presence in Uganda has come to an end and my specific part in it, I feel the time has come to return to the workforce.
Thank you dear ones for giving me the opportunity to represent you and the faithful in Uganda.
It has always been foremost in my mind, that God is leading and we choose to follow. For now it seems, I am to work and advance my degree. Full time missions for now is at a close till God tells me otherwise.
I am currently looking for employment. This has been a harder task than I anticipated. Perhaps my experience abroad is not what they are looking for, I don't know. I would like to stay working in the valley, but find I may need to "travel" stateside for work. My schooling is entirely online and course work is split between online work and textbooks. As a RN, it is to my advantage to advance my degree from ADN to BSN an hopefully ultimately MSN.

I would like to ask you to pray for me and specifically:

1. That I would continue to follow God's leading for my life and hear His call.
2. That I would find credible employment specific to my skills, training and experience.
3. That I would find good, reliable transportation to find and keep employment.
4. That God would provide for all my financial needs
5. That I would be able to complete my schooling on time, work and be there for family.
6. That I would figure out where to live and establish home.

As this chapter of Reaching Hands Missions comes to a close, it is by no means over. I know that God still desires that I have a part in Missions. I am working on plans for a short term mission trip to Uganda next year sometime. Right now it is only in the preliminary planning stage. I think that the trip will probably involve a two week trip. A week at Amani Baby Cottage serving them and a week at Hope Center Uganda working with the Goering's new ministry. I am still not sure of anything else, and will start looking at cost, itinerary's, and availabilities. I will soon post in regard to interest in this trip. It is extremely important to me to continue supporting these ministries that have been a part of my life for so long. They continue to need so much.
If you are able, I would ask that you take what you would have given to Reaching Hands Missions to Uganda and browse the list of ministries I provided that need your support.
Thank you again dear ones and May God bless you.

1. Amani Baby Cottage (www.amanibabycottage.org)
2. Hope Center Uganda (www.hopecenteruganda.org)
3. The Gennaro Family (www.cmgennaro.aimsites.org)



THANK YOU SUPPORTERS OF REACHING HANDS MISSION TO UGANDA

No comments: