Friday, September 4, 2009

WALTER AMANI


We are empowered by God to pray for one another. Those prayers are heard by the one and only true God who can answer them.
We at Amani are asking all our friends and family to pray for one of our little ones.

Nearly two weeks ago we received from Probation and the Police and little boy between the ages of 2 and 3. His name is Walter.
He came to us with what was obvious to me a tumor in his mouth and a bump on his head. This is the first time we have had a child with Cancer.

It took me all of the two weeks to track down and find someone to do a biopsy and suggest treatment for this little guy.
He has what I and the doctors here believe to be a Burkitt's Tumor. They are a childhood tumor and grow very quickly. They can double in size in a week, though they usually respond very quickly to Chemotherapy.

Because of circumstances beyond our control, we cannot do the Biopsy until next Tuesday. I want to put him on Steroids until Chemo starts and cannot do that either until the Biopsy is finished. We want to make sure of the right type of tumor so we can get the right type of Chemo to shrink it and get him well.

It is not operable and he is miserable as you can see by this photo. It is something out of my control and all I can do is play the waiting game until this biopsy is done. As soon as it is obtained, I can start him on Steroids and prepare him better for Chemo.
Tuesday, I will head again to the hospital in Kisumi, Uganda and get the Biopsy (thankfully free). The diagnosis of the Biopsy will not be free but thankfully we have the money for it.

There is a strong possibility that there will be money donated to pay for Chemo.
He is showing signs that it is spreading and right now this precious little boy truly needs our prayers.
Please please please pray for Walter and Amani. I am trusting that we can get to it in time.
I thank you dear ones and will keep everyone posted on his care and prognosis and status as we begin the odyssey of Cancer treatment.
Blessings

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Absolutely! Prayers specifically for this special little man of God!

Walter means powerful warrior or ruler of the army--praying it be so!

Kristi said...

Just seeing the picture made me think of Burkitt's - we just finished learning about this type of cancer in medical school last week. I'm praying that he will receive the chemo he needs as soon as possible.

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh my. I'm in tears. We will be praying for Walter. Please keep us updated!!!!