Monday, September 29, 2008


I was given the priveledge of flying to San Diego and spending a few short days with the Amani Kids that live in around that area. It was a joyful reunion and Icannot tell you what a great blessing it is to see those precious little ones I have loved for so long look so happy and healthy. They are thriving and though I think we have the absolute best Children's home in all of Uganda it still can never take the place of a real home with their own family. Each had this very surprised look on their face when they saw me. I think they could not quite believe that I was there. Joseph & Duane and their wonderful family hosted my few days there and I felt like I was treated like royalty. WOW!! We traveled about 30 minutes away to Weiss and Savannah's house and had a picnic get together. Judah and Jay also came with their families. It was a quick trip and I am sorry I could not see the other kids, but so glad to see those I did. What a blessing!!!!!

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

Wow, what a real blessing that must have been! I just got a call from Judy making sure we had your travel details. We plan to pick you up on the 17th at 7pm. Elianah turned three today! Party tomorrow when daddy can be home :)