Monday, June 9, 2008

Wedding Bells for Lois





As some of you know, I was a bridesmaid this weekend. Two weeks ago (see first picture on left), we had what would be called the announcement, and were "required" to wear a "Gomas". It sort of looks like a Kimono and was not a little hot or a little uncomfortable but was fun to have. I went to church about 3 times that Sunday morning in order to hit all the needed churches to announce the upcoming wedding. As her friend, boss and maid she asked me to stand with her that weekend as well. Now I know I do not look like a maid, but alas I was this weekend. Lois Mwamula our Ugandan Supervisor at the baby home oversees the management of the everyday things at the baby home. She is in charge of the mommas that work for us as well as our short term volunteers we have. She has been with Danyne since before starting Amani.

Her life took a major change this weekend, when at 36 she walked down the ilse for the first time to marry Godfrey Kalulu. She was a radiant and beautiful bride and I was priveledged to stand by her and support her through her special day. Although it was raining (AND VERY COLD MIND YOU) it still turned out to be a very nice wedding. In Uganda everyone that comes to the wedding helps pay for it. We all scrimped to pay for our bridesmaid gowns, shoes and flowers. I did my own hair as well as the other two Mzungu (white girls) bridesmaids. You can see some of her day through my pictures. I pray she has a lifetime of happiness. I know God will bless her and Godfrey.

Yesterday, late, the first half of the BWO team arrived and I was at the airport to meet them. It was 3:30 before I got back home and into bed. It is a full busy week with the team. This organization holds a special place in my heart as they were the mission team I first came to Uganda with. Many returning faces and alot of new ones. They will be very busy over the next two weeks with all kinds of activities for missions, including medical.

No comments: